In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Buffalo in 6 easy steps. This step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Buffalo. Simply draw the red lines in each step of the How To Draw a Buffalo tutorial, then as you move to the next step the previously drawn lines will be shown as black. It’s that simple – lets get drawing!
Here are some interesting facts about the Buffalo you might find interesting.
- Ninety seven percent of the 158 million water buffaloes in the world are in Asia.
- Their dung is used as a fertilizer and as a fuel when dried.
- Adult male Buffalo range in size from 400 to 900 kg for the domestic breeds, while the wild animals are nearly 3 m long and 2 m tall, weighing up to 1,200 kg.
- The wild Asian Buffalo eats grass and leafy aquatic vegetation.
- A herd of female wild Asian water buffaloes with their young is generally led by a dominant matriarch and often accompanied by a single adult bull. Other males live solitarily or form bachelor herds of about 10.
The North American Buffalo sketch can be completed in 6 steps. Feel free to print the page to use as a step by step guide.
How To Draw a Buffalo – EASY 6-Step Drawing Guide!
Step 1: Draw the beginning section of the Buffalo’s face.
Step 2: Sketch the upper body lines and add the Buffalo’s beard and lower neck.
Step 3: Add the beginning step to the Buffalo’s front legs and complete the first section of it’s rear leg.
Step 4: Draw in the tail and front hoof.
Step 5: Draw in the body detail using a vertical line and add in the secondary front leg.
Step 6: Draw the final rear leg and add the final front hoof and you have completed the drawing of a Buffalo.
Well done! Now, look at the picture below to help you shade or color your drawing of a buffalo! You can make it as realistic and life-like as you wish. Thanks for learning How To Draw a Buffalo with HowToDrawAnimals.Net!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Buffalo! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a buffalo is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a TIGER?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Tiger