In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Cat in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Cat. How To Draw a Cat is designed to draw the red lines in each step, then as you move the next step these previously red lines will be shown as black.
Before we get going on the How To Draw a Cat lesson, here are some cool facts about the Cat you might find interesting.
- Cats have a huge population of around 60 million in the United States alone.
- A skilled predator, the cat hunts using its excellent eyesight and hearing.
- Cats do not have the ability to taste sugar.
- Cats have excellent night vision and can function at only one-sixth the light level required for human vision.
- Cats have excellent hearing and can detect an extremely broad range of frequencies, from 55 Hz up to 79 kHz.
How To Draw a Cat – In Only 6 EASY Steps!
Step 1: Draw the top of the cat’s head including the ear.
Step 2: Draw the back of the head towards the body.
Step 3: Sketch in the back of cat heading down to where the tail will be.
Step 4: Draw the front chest of the cat, front legs and rear hind leg.
Step 5: Complete the front and rear paws of the Cat.
Step 6: Add the Cats tail and you should have completed a simple drawing of a Cat sitting on all 4 legs.
Well Done, your finished cat drawing will look similar to this one:
Now that you’ve finished your drawing of a cat, you can use the picture below as an example of how to shade the cat in to make it more realistic!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a CAT! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see huge improvements. As it goes for most things, the best way to learn how to draw a cat is to practice.
Lions are the king of the jungle, and pretty much just an OVERSIZED cat, how about trying to draw a LION?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Lion