In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Dog in 8 easy steps. This step by step lesson makes it easy to draw a Cartoon Dog sitting in one position.
Here are some facts about the Dog you might find interesting.
- There are estimated to be over 400 million dogs in the world.
- The typical life span of a dog is between 8 to 15 years.
- Dogs are able to healthily digest a variety of foods, including vegetables and grains.
- Dogs can discriminate odors at concentrations nearly 100 million times lower than humans can.
- The frequency range of dog hearing is approximately 40 Hz to 60,000 Hz
Start drawing the dog by following each of the 8 steps below in sequence.
How To Draw a Dog – Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Step 1: Draw two lines to begin the nose of the dog.
Step 2: Draw the top of the head and ear.
Step 3: Draw the rear and back of the dog.
Step 4: Sketch the lower neck and chest.
Step 5: Begin outlining the rear front and back legs.
Step 6: Complete the legs by drawing the paws.
Step 7: Draw the tail and last paw.
Step 8: To finish up, draw the eyes, nose, and paw details.
Well Done! You’ve completed the How To Draw a Dog drawing lesson! Now, use the picture below as a guide to coloring or shading in your dog drawing. This is a golden retriever, but you can color your dog any way you’d like. Beagles are my favorite!!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Dog! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a dog is with plenty of practice!
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a FOX?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Fox