In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Fish in 6 easy steps. This free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the simple Fish. Simply draw the red lines in each step, then before you know it you’ll have a final drawing of a fish!
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Before we begin the How To Draw a Fish lesson, here are some interesting facts about Fish you might find interesting.
- Fish are diverse animals that come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and colors.
- They have gills that allow them to extract oxygen from water, enabling them to breathe underwater.
- Fish use fins to propel themselves through water and steer with precision.
- These aquatic creatures are cold-blooded, meaning their body temperature changes with the environment.
- Fish are an essential part of aquatic food chains, serving as both predators and prey.
- Some fish, like the clownfish, form symbiotic relationships with other sea creatures, such as sea anemones.
- Many fish species are known for their remarkable migrations, traveling long distances for breeding or feeding.
- Fish exhibit a wide range of behaviors, from schooling and courtship displays to territorial defense.
- Some fish, like the lungfish, have adaptations that allow them to survive out of water for extended periods.
- Fish are fascinating animals that have captured the interest of scientists, conservationists, and people around the world for their incredible diversity and ecological importance.
Here’s a BONUS video of our How To Draw a Fish easy drawing lesson
You can follow along with the video or use the simple drawing steps below the video as a guide!
How To Draw A Fish – Easy, 6-Step Process to Draw a Realistic Fish
Step 1: Draw the outline of the upper body of the Fish.
Step 2: Sketch the front face and gill area of the Fish.
Step 3: Draw the under belly of the Fish.
Step 4: Draw the upper and lower fins – The top fin is called the dorsal fin.
Step 5: Draw the lower front fins and complete the tail section.
Step 6: Lastly, draw the eyes and final fin on the body to complete this simple Fish drawing!
Great Job – You’ve Completed the How To Draw a Fish drawing lesson! Fish come in so many different colors, sizes and shapes, so get creative and color your drawing any way you wish. The picture below is an example of a beautiful green-ish blue fish, see if you can color your fish to look similar!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Fish! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a fish is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another sea animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a jellyfish?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Jellyfish
Another popular drawing lesson we have is How To Draw an Angelfish – These stunning saltwater fish are really easy to draw and very unique with their long fins.