In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a FOX in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the fox. In each step, draw the lines that are shown in red. Then as you move along, the lines you have already drawn will show up as black in the next step. Have fun!
Before we get going on the fox drawing how-to, here are some interesting facts about the Fox you might not have known are:
- The Red Fox is the largest of the fox species, which measures 35-50 cm from the ground to their shoulder.
- Foxes have a total of 42 teeth.
- Foxes can be found from Arctic to Europe, Asia, North and South America, North Africa, and Australia.
- Foxes live in diverse habitats, from grasslands, forests, mountains, and deserts.
- Foxes live, on average, 1 – 5 years in the wild and can live up to 10 years in captivity.
In this lesson we’ll show you how to draw a basic Fox in 6 steps.
How To Draw a FOX – EASY 6-Step Drawing Lesson
Step 1: Draw the head and first ear of the fox.
Step 2: Draw the other ear, and the first leg and chest area of the Fox.
Step 3: Now you can draw the fox’s back and other front leg.
Step 4: Draw the first of two back legs and also draw the bottom of the fox tail.
Step 5: Sketch in the facial details, finish the tail and add the 4th leg.
Step 6: Finalize the drawing with the fox’s eyes, tail details and paws.
Well done! You’ve completed the How To Draw a Fox drawing lesson! Let’s get creative and add some color or shading to your FOX drawing to give a true life-like and realistic appearance!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Fox! Your first try may not have gone as well as you had hoped, but I’m pretty sure after another attempt or two you saw a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a fox is with practice.
Are you looking for another animal to draw, maybe even a cousin of the fox? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a wolf?! Take a look here: How to Draw a Wolf