In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Giraffe in 9 easy steps. This free step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Giraffe. For all of our drawing lessons, simply draw the red lines shown in each step. Then, in just a few minutes, you’ll have your very own GIRAFFE DRAWING!
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Before we begin the How To Draw a Giraffe lesson, here are some fun facts about the Giraffe you might find interesting.
- The Giraffe is the tallest of all land-living animal species.
- Giraffes are approximately 4.3 metres to 5.2 metres tall, although the tallest male recorded stood almost 6 metres.
- The giraffes’ range extends from Chad in Central Africa to South Africa.
- Giraffes will drink large quantities of water when available, which enables them to live for extended periods in dry, arid areas.
- The appearance of horns is a reliable method of identifying the sex of giraffes, with the females displaying tufts of hair on the top of the horns, whereas males’ horns tend to be bald on top — an effect of necking in combat.
How To Draw a Giraffe in just 9 EASY Steps
Step 1: Begin by drawing the nose of the Giraffe.
Step 2: Draw the Giraffe’s lower jaw and first horn.
Step 3: Now, draw in the ears.
Step 4: Draw the long neck outline of the Giraffe.
Step 5: Add to the neck by connecting the body.
Step 6: Start to draw the long legs.
Step 7: Add the leg outlines and under belly of the Giraffe.
Step 8: Sketch the head detail and complete the legs.
Step 9: Draw the eyes and body detail spotting to complete this realistic Giraffe.
Nicely done! In just a few minutes, you’ve completed the How To Draw a Giraffe drawing lesson! Take a look at the picture of a giraffe below, you can use this to color or shade in your giraffe drawing to make it look realistic and life-like.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a GIRAFFE! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m pretty sure after another attempt or two you saw a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a giraffe is with practice.
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw an elephant?! Take a look here: How to Draw an Elephant