In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Horse in 8 easy steps. This free step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the horse. Simply draw the red lines in each step, then move on to the next step…In just a few minutes you’ll have a drawing of a horse!
This simple How To Draw a Horse drawing lesson is designed for anyone; veteran artists, beginners and kids, with easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Before we beginning our How To Draw a Horse exercise, here are some fun facts about the Horse you might find interesting.
- Horses have large eyes on the sides of their heads that can see nearly 360 degrees and keen senses to detect predators.
- Their teeth continually grow and change throughout life needing activities like grazing to keep them properly worn down.
- Hoofed feet have protective outer shells of horn and sensitive inner tissues that require regular trimming by farriers.
- Horses communicate through body language, sounds, scents and sometimes bite each other playfully or aggressively.
- Foals are able to gallop shortly after being born and learn social behaviors from their mothers.
- Different breeds have distinct characteristics adapted for jobs like racing, working cattle or carrying riders.
- Horses are flight animals that will run from fear but also form bonds with herd members and human caretakers.
- Their digestive systems allow eating foods like grasses, grains and hay that humans cannot break down as well.
- Horses have been domesticated for over 5000 years, serving purposes like transportation, sport, work and recreation.
- Proper care, training and respect help horses live happily in symbiosis with humans on farms and ranches.
Here’s a BONUS video of our How To Draw a Horse easy drawing lesson from our YouTube Channel – Be Sure to Like the video and Subscribe to our Channel!
You can follow along with the video or use the simple drawing steps below the video as a guide!
How To Draw a Horse – EASY Step-by-Step Drawing Guide!
Step 1: Begin by drawing the forehead and nose of the Horse.
Step 2: Draw the horse’s lower neck and the start of one front leg.
Step 3: Sketch the back of the neck and lower back towards the horse’s tail.
Step 4: Draw the beginning of the front legs and the rear legs.
Step 5: Draw a few more lines to the front and rear legs, don’t forget to add the ear too!
Step 6: Finish drawing the underbelly and the 2 legs and hooves.
Step 7: Now you can draw the 2nd set of legs.
Step 8: Finish by drawing the eyes, mane, and tail to complete this drawing of a Horse.
Well Done, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Horse, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your horse look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your horse drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Horse! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a horse is with practice…practice…practice! Just like riding a horse, it takes a little time to perfect the skill!
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a TIGER?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Tiger