In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Peacock in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the simple Peacock.
Before we begin the How To Draw a Peacock drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about peacocks you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Male peacocks are the ones you recognize, with their beautiful feathers and coloring.
- Peacocks, or peafowl, are the national bird of the country of India.
- It takes about three years before males are fully mature and develop their stunning tail feather colors.
- The crest atop the female peacock’s head is a sensor, that detects the rattle coming from a male peacock’s tail.
- Snow white peacocks are becoming more common. These are a color variation, but not an albino peacock.
How To Draw a Peacock – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the head and beak of the peacock.
Step 2: Draw the peacock’s back and wing.
Step 3: Now you can draw the entire main body of the bird and start the tail.
Step 4: Finish drawing the huge tail.
Step 5: Sketch more of the tail detail and add a branch for the peacock to sit on.
Step 6: Finally, draw in the crest, eye, and tail detail.
Well Done, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Peacock, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your peacock look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your peacock drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Peacock! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a Peacock. is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another bird to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a Pelican! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Pelican