In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw an Alligator in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of an alligator. Follow along with the how to draw an alligator drawing guide below by sketching the red portion of each of the six steps, super easy!
Before we begin the How To Draw an Alligator drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about alligators you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Alligators are large reptiles with armored bodies, powerful tails, and long, rounded snouts.
- They are excellent swimmers and can move quickly in water using their tails.
- Alligators have sharp teeth and strong jaws, which they use to catch and eat prey.
- These reptiles are cold-blooded, meaning they rely on external sources of heat to regulate their body temperature.
- Alligators are found in freshwater environments like swamps, marshes, and rivers.
- They are skilled hunters and can remain motionless for long periods, waiting for prey to come near.
- Alligators play an important role in their ecosystems by controlling fish and small mammal populations.
- They are known for their loud, deep bellows and hissing sounds, which they use for communication.
- Alligators have been around for millions of years and are often referred to as “living fossils.”
- Alligators are fascinating and ancient creatures that have captured the interest of people around the world, inspiring both awe and respect for their role in the natural world.
How To Draw an Alligator – Quick and Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the alligator’s snout.
Step 2: Draw the lower jaw and front foot.
Step 3: Now you can draw more of the gator’s feet.
Step 4: Draw in the back and large tail.
Step 5: Sketch the teeth and give the gator’s body texture.
Step 6: Finally, draw in the eyes and body detail.
Nice work, now that you’ve completed How To Draw an Alligator, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your gator look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your easy alligator drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing an alligator! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw an alligator is with practice!
Are you looking for another type of reptile to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a CROCODILE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Crocodile