In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw an Eagle in 8 easy steps. This free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Eagle.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Before we begin our How To Draw an Eagle drawing lesson, here are some facts about the Eagle you might find interesting.
- Most of the 60 species of eagles exist in Eurasia and Africa.
- They have extremely keen eyesight which enables them to spot potential prey from a very long distance.
- Many species lay two eggs, but the older, larger chick frequently kills their younger sibling once it has hatched. The parents take no action to stop the killing.
- The eaglets do not develop adult markings until their third year, when they leave parental protection and seek their own mates and territories.
- Their nests can become enormous, measuring up to ten feet across and weighing well over 1,000 pounds.
How To Draw an Eagle – Easy to Follow Drawing Tutorial
Step 1: Start by drawing the outline of the beak of the eagle.
Step 2: Draw the top of the head.
Step 3: Draw the lower chest and beginning section of the wing.
Step 4: Add the wing feathers and lower legs.
Step 5: Complete the lower outline of the Eagle’s wing.
Step 6: Add some wing details and start the sketching in the claws.
Step 7: Draw the talons and add some feather details.
Step 8: Add the eyes, beak details and finalize the talons by adding some claws and you’re finished drawing a Eagle.
Nicely done! You’ve finished the How To Draw an Eagle drawing lesson! Now, if you want to add color or shading to your drawing, take a look at the picture below and use it as a reference to make your eagle drawing more realistic and life-like. Look at those bright yellow feet and beak!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing an EAGLE! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw an Eagle is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another bird to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a GOOSE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Goose