How To Draw a Baboon in a 8 step by step lesson, follow easy steps until you have a completed drawing of a Baboon
Some interesting facts about the Baboon you might not have known are:
- Baboons usually leave their sleeping places around 7 or 8 a.m.
- Baboon generally live between 20 and 30 years.
- Baboons are opportunistic omnivores and selective feeders that carefully choose their food. Grass makes up a large part of their diet, along with berries, seeds, pods, blossoms, leaves, roots, bark and sap from a variety of plants.
- Baboons use over 30 vocalizations ranging from grunts to barks to screams. Nonvocal gestures include yawns, lip smacking and shoulder shrugging.
- Baboons sleep, travel, feed and socialize together in groups of about 50 individuals, consisting of seven to eight males and approximately twice as many females plus their young.
Here’s a BONUS Video of Our How To Draw a Baboon Easy Drawing Lesson
You can follow along with the video or use the simple drawing steps below the video as a guide!
How To Draw a Baboon – Easy Step by Step Drawing Guide
The following 8 steps will show you how to draw a simple Baboon. You can even color or shade your baboon using the real life picture of a baboon at the end of this lesson.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the nose of the baboon.
Step 2: Complete the lower half of the mouth and jaw.
Step 3: Sketch in the upper portion of the head and back of the baboon.
Step 4: Add the rear of the baboon and start drawing the first two legs.
Step 5: Sketch out the lower portion of the stomach.
Step 6: Complete the first two legs.
Step 7: Draw the 2 other back legs and feet.
Step 8: Final step is to add details to the face and complete the tail.
Well done! With the How To Draw a Baboon drawing lesson complete, now you can color or shade in your baboon drawing using the picture below as a reference. Enjoy!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Baboon! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a HUGE improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a baboon is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a Monkey?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Monkey