In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Llama in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a llama. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step of the how to draw a llama tutorial. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a simple and easy llama drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Llama drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about llamas you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Llamas are domesticated camelids originally from South America and are often kept as guard animals or to pack items on trails.
- Their wool is softer than sheep’s wool and is produced in various natural colors that are made into clothing, rugs and other handicrafts.
- Llamas can carry up to 30% of their body weight in packs or equipment on their backs without tiring.
- They have three-toed feet with soft padded bottoms that allow sure-footed walking over rocky or steep terrain.
- Llamas communicate through various vocalizations like humming, braying and hisses and live in family groups.
- Their lifespan averages 20 years and they continue growing very slowly until age 8 when fully mature.
- Unlike sheep or goats, llamas do not root or paw the ground and are gentle with smaller animals in their care.
- Llamas efficiently digest fibrous plants in dry grasslands through specialized three-chambered stomachs.
- They spit only when frightened or threatened by predators and can accurately hit targets from several feet away.
- Some llamas are bred and trained for packing, herding or competitive events like racing and obstacle courses.
How To Draw a Llama – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the top of the head of the llama.
Step 2: Draw the front of the llama’s neck.
Step 3: Now you can draw the body of the llama.
Step 4: Draw the legs and tail.
Step 5: Sketch in eyes, nose and hooves.
Step 6: Draw the face details, and give your llama some personality.
Well Done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Llama, consider adding some shading or coloring to make your llama look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your llama drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Llama! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a llama is with practice!
Are you looking for a relative of the llama to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a CAMEL?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Camel.