Learn how to draw a monkey in just six easy steps with this step-by-step tutorial. Whether you’re an aspiring artist or simply looking for a fun activity, this tutorial will guide you through the process of creating a cute and playful monkey drawing. With clear and concise instructions and helpful illustrations, you’ll be able to create your own monkey drawing in no time. So grab your pencil and paper, and let’s get started!
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with really easy to follow steps.
First, here are some fun facts about the Monkey you might find educational.
- Monkey is a word used to describe any of the 160+ species of primates that have grasping hands, forward facing eyes and highly developed brains.
- Most monkeys have tails (capable of grasping on branches), a characteristic that distinguishes them from their larger primate cousins called apes.
- Monkeys are highly skilled climbers, and most monkeys spend a good portion of their lives in trees.
- Monkeys demonstrate great intelligence, for instance, they can remember information about the different locations of different fruit trees and the time of the year when the fruits are ripe.
- Monkeys have fingers and toes, similar to us humans, which are very flexible and their palms and soles are hairless.
Drawing Tutorial on How to Draw a Monkey
The following 6 steps will show you how to draw a Monkey.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the head of the monkey.
Step 2: Draw the monkey’s back and lower stomach area.
Step 3: Start to draw the first lines for the arms and legs of the monkey.
Step 4: Draw details to the face, finish the rear area of the monkey and complete the back and front legs.
Step 5: Now you can draw the monkey’s tail and the other front leg
Step 6: Finalize the monkey drawing by adding the hands, feet and facial details to complete your drawing.
Well Done! Your completed drawing of a monkey should look similar to the picture below.
Use this as an example of how to shade the Monkey drawing to give it a “life like” look.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a MONKEY! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you hoped, but I’m pretty sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a monkey is with practice.
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a penguin?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw an Penguin