In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Bear in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a Bear.
Here are some cool facts about Bears you might find interesting.
- There are only eight living bear species.
- Common characteristics of modern bears include a large body with stocky legs, a long snout, shaggy hair, plantigrade paws with five nonretractile claws, and a short tail.
- With the exceptions of courting individuals and mothers with their young, bears are typically solitary animals.
- Bears use shelters such as caves and burrows as their dens.
- Most of the bear species sleep or hibernate through the winters.
To start drawing a Bear you can print this page or just scroll down and follow the next 6 steps in sequence.
Before we get into it, here’s a BONUS Video of Our How To Draw a Bear Easy Drawing Lesson
You can follow along with the video or use the simple drawing steps below the video as a guide!
How To Draw a Bear – Easy Step By Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Start by drawing the top portion of the bear’s head
Step 2: Now, sketch the nose.
Step 3: Draw the top and rear of the bear, then add the rear foot.
Step 4: Add an ear, front legs and paw. Don’t forget to complete the rear leg.
Step 5: Draw the additional 2 legs and paws.
Step 6: Add the facial details and claws to each paw and you’re finished.
Well Done, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Bear, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your bear look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your bear drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Bear! Your first try may not have gone quite as planned, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a bear is with practice.
Are you looking for another forest animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a moose?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw an Moose