In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Rooster in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a rooster. Follow along with the how to draw a rooster drawing guide below by sketching the red portion of each of the six steps, super easy!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Rooster drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about rooster chickens you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Roosters have colorful plumage, wattles, and combs used to attract hens during courtship displays.
- Their iconic crowing sounds serve to announce territory and gather hens in the morning and evening.
- Spurs on their legs are used in occasional fights with other roosters over flock dominance and access to hens.
- Roosters lead and protect small flocks of hens from predators like hawks, foxes or weasels.
- Colorful feathers around their necks fan out during strutting to appear larger and more vibrant to mates.
- They establish pecking orders within flocks and ensure proper care and feeding of chicks by hens.
- Roosters live 2-5 years on average depending on breed and conditions on farms or homesteads.
- Their keen eyesight and loud calls help maintain group cohesion as flocks forage and dust bathe.
- Roosters do not lay eggs but are essential for natural fertilization allowing hens to reproduce.
- Their striking plumage made roosters a symbol of courage and masculinity in some cultures.
How To Draw a Rooster – Quick and Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the rooster’s face and beak.
Step 2: Draw the rooster’s neck and chest.
Step 3: Now you can draw the wing and first foot.
Step 4: Draw in the other foot and add the tail.
Step 5: Sketch more tail detail.
Step 6: Finally, draw in the eye and more foot detail.
Nice work, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Rooster, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your rooster look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your easy rooster drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Rooster! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a cock rooster is with practice!
Are you looking for another colorful bird to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw an TOUCAN?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Toucan