In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Killer Whale in 6 easy steps. This free step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Killer Whale (also known as an Orca). The How To Draw a Killer Whale drawing lesson is easy to follow and quick to complete, simply draw the red lines shown in each step, then move to the next step!
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Killer Whale you might find interesting.
- Killer Whales are considered to be the ocean’s top predator.
- Killer whales have good eyesight both above and below the water, excellent hearing, and a good sense of touch.
- They have exceptionally sophisticated echolocation abilities, detecting the location and characteristics of prey and other objects in their environment by emitting clicks and listening for echoes.
- The lifespans of killer whales depend on the will of the animal, but can range from 30 – 90 years.
- Day-to-day Killer Whale behavior generally consists of foraging, travelling, resting and socializing.
How To Draw a Killer Whale – Easy 6-Step Drawing Guide!
Step 1: Draw the beginning of the Orca’s head and nose.
Step 2: Draw the first fin of the left side of the Killer Whale.
Step 3: Draw the upper and lower body section back towards the tail.
Step 4: Draw the top fin and the tail.
Step 5: Draw the Orca’s body details.
Step 6: Draw a few more body details to finish this drawing of the Killer Whale and you’re done!
Well done completing the How To Draw a Killer Whale drawing lesson! Now, if you’d like to color your Orca drawing or shade it in, you can use the picture below as an example. This one is pretty easy to color/shade, just black and white!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Killer Whale! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a killer whale is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another sea creature to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a BLUE WHALE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How To Draw a Blue Whale. Or, maybe you want to draw a Manta Ray? Give it a try!