In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Clown Fish in 6 easy steps. This step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a clown fish. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step of the how to draw a clown fish tutorial. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a simple and easy clown fish drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Clown Fish drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about clown fish you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Clownfish are small, brightly colored fish that live in the warm waters of the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
- These fish are famous for their symbiotic relationship with sea anemones, where both species benefit from living together.
- The special mucus on the skin of clownfish protects them from the stinging cells of the sea anemone.
- Clown fish are known for their vibrant orange color with white stripes bordered by black lines.
- There are about 30 different species of clownfish, each with its own pattern and coloration.
- Clownfish communicate with each other using popping and clicking sounds.
- These fish are omnivores, which means they eat both plants and animals, such as algae and small invertebrates.
- Clownfish lay their eggs on flat surfaces close to their sea anemone homes, and the male guards the eggs until they hatch.
- The largest fish in a clownfish group is the female, and if she disappears, the dominant male will change sex to become the new female.
- Clownfish gained widespread popularity from the animated movie “Finding Nemo,” which featured a clownfish as the main character.
How To Draw a Clown Fish – Easy Step by Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the bottom of the clown fish.
Step 2: Draw the rest of the clown fish’s body and tail.
Step 3: Continue drawing the fin detail.
Step 4: Draw the distinct vertical lines and bars on the clownfish.
Step 5: Sketch in the face and add some coral.
Step 6: Draw the eye and give your clown fish plenty of personality.
Well done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Clown fish, consider adding some shading or coloring to make your bright fish drawing look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your easy clownfish drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a clown fish! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a clown fish is with practice!
Are you looking for another unusual fish to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a LIONFISH?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Lionfish.