In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Reindeer in 6 easy steps. This simple step by step guide progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a cute reindeer!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Reindeer drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about these majestic animals that you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Reindeer are the only deer species where both the male and female grow antlers.
- Reindeer can live up to 15 years in the wild, and domesticated reindeer can live up to 20 years.
- Reindeer’s preferred food source is lichen. Lichen is a moss-like plant that is found in higher elevations and open spaces.
- Thanks to their hollow fur, reindeer can withstand the cold weather. They spend about 40% of their life in snow covered conditions.
- Reindeer do have red noses, sort of! They tiny veins circulating warm blood around their nose, which heats up the cold air they breathe in.
How To Draw a Reindeer – Simple and Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Lesson
Step 1: Begin by drawing the back and rear leg of the reindeer.
Step 2: Draw the underbelly and two more legs.
Step 3: Now you can draw the face of the reindeer and the last leg.
Step 4: Draw the tail and add some body detail.
Step 5: Draw the hooves and face detail.
Step 6: Draw in big antlers and give your reindeer some personality.
Great job, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Reindeer, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your Reindeer look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your reindeer, maybe even consider given it a red nose so it can lead Santa’s sleigh!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Reindeer! Your initial try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a reindeer is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another arctic animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a polar bear! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Polar Bear