In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Rattlesnake in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a rattlesnake. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step of the how to draw a rattlesnake tutorial. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a simple and easy rattlesnake drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Rattlesnake drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about rattlesnakes you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Rattlesnakes are venomous snakes found in the Americas known for their distinctive rattle at the end of their tails.
- They have triangular heads and heat-sensing pits on their faces, which help them locate prey.
- Rattlesnakes are pit vipers, using their venom to immobilize their prey before consuming it.
- These snakes are known for their unique warning signal, the rattle, which they shake when feeling threatened.
- Rattlesnakes are excellent ambush predators, lying in wait for small mammals and birds to pass by before striking.
- They shed their skin several times a year as they grow, leaving behind a hollow replica of their former selves.
- Rattlesnakes are important members of their ecosystems, helping to control rodent populations.
- Some species of rattlesnakes, such as the eastern diamondback, are among the largest venomous snakes in the world.
- Rattlesnakes are capable of delivering a quick strike and injecting venom through their retractable hollow fangs.
- Rattlesnakes are fascinating creatures that have been the subject of myths, legends, and folklore, playing a unique role in the natural world.
How To Draw a Rattlesnake – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the head of the rattlesnake.
Step 2: Draw more of the snake’s body.
Step 3: Now you can draw the mouth and the tail.
Step 4: Draw the fangs, tongue and the RATTLE!
Step 5: Sketch in the body pattern.
Step 6: Draw the final body details.
Well Done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Rattlesnake, consider adding some shading or coloring to make your rattlesnake look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your rattlesnake drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a rattlesnake! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a rattlesnake is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another slithery snake to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a cobra?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Cobra.