In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Hedgehog in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a prickly hedgehog. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step of the how to draw a hedgehog tutorial. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a simple and easy hedgehog drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Hedgehog drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about hedgehogs you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Hedgehogs are small spiny mammals known for their adorable appearance and nocturnal habits.
- They have prickly spines, called quills, covering their backs and sides for protection against predators.
- Hedgehogs are omnivorous, feeding on a diet of insects, snails, worms, fruits, and plants.
- These mammals are excellent swimmers and climbers, using their agility to navigate various terrains.
- Hedgehogs are primarily solitary animals and are most active during the night.
- They have a keen sense of smell and hearing, which helps them locate food and detect potential threats.
- When threatened or scared, hedgehogs curl into a tight ball, tucking in their head, legs, and tail for defense.
- Hedgehogs are known for their endearing snuffling and grunting noises, especially during foraging and exploration.
- Hedgehogs are often kept as pets and are cherished for their gentle nature and low maintenance care.
- Hedgehogs are popular characters in children’s literature and have become beloved symbols of cuteness and resilience.
How To Draw a Hedgehog – Easy Step by Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the hedgehog’s head and foot.
Step 2: Draw the underbelly and more feet.
Step 3: Now you can draw the rest of the hedgehog’s body.
Step 4: Draw the face.
Step 5: Sketch in the prickly spines of the hedgehog.
Step 6: Draw the face details and more spines.
Well done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Hedgehog, consider adding some shading or coloring to make your hedgy look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your hedgehog drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Hedgehog. Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement, so give it another try. The best way to learn how to draw a hedgehog is with practice!
Are you looking for a relative of a hedgehog to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a PORCUPINE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Porcupine.