In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Crow in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a crow. Follow along with the how to draw a crow drawing guide below by sketching the red portion of each of the six steps, super easy!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Crow drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about crows you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Crows are very smart birds that can solve problems and use tools.
- They like to eat all kinds of food including seeds, nuts, fruit, insects, frogs, eggs, and small animals.
- Crows make a “caw caw” sound to talk to each other and warn others of danger.
- They build large nests high up in trees to keep their eggs and baby birds safe.
- Crows recognize human faces and can remember someone who was mean or nice to them before.
- They stay with their mate and family group for many years, not just one season.
- Crows play games by sliding down snowy rooftops and rolling objects together.
- In groups, crows sometimes mob or dive-bomb predators to scare them away.
- They bathe in water which helps their feathers stay clean and waterproof.
- Crows are social, clever, and fascinating birds that have adapted well to living near humans.
How To Draw a Crow – Quick and Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the back of the crow.
Step 2: Draw the crow’s beak and tail feathers.
Step 3: Now you can draw the rest of the beak and more wing and tail feathers.
Step 4: Draw in the crow’s chest.
Step 5: Sketch the feet and eye.
Step 6: Finally, give your crow a branch to perch on.
Nice work, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Crow, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your crow look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your easy crow drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a crow! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a crow is with practice!
Are you looking for another member of the bird family to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a VULTURE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Vulture