In this Lesson we’re going to show you how to draw an Angelfish in 6 EASY steps. Follow along with this Angelfish drawing how-to guide. Simply draw the red lines in each step, then in just a few minutes you’ll have yourself a fantastic drawing of an Angelfish!
Before we begin How To Draw an Angelfish, here are some interesting facts about the Angel fish that you might not have known:
- Angelfish come in many vibrant colors like yellow, blue, purple and orange. Learning color names aids accurate depiction.
- Angelfish have large pectoral and ventral fins which give them a wing-like appearance. Drawing fin details shows their namesake.
- A group of angelfish is called a choir or school. Illustrating multiple angelfish swimming together depicts this.
- Angelfish live in coral reefs in warm ocean waters near Australia, Africa and Southeast Asia. Including habitat adds context.
- Male angelfish are more brightly colored than females and defend territories. Depicting gender-specific traits is realistic.
- Angelfish communicate using color changes and body language like fin flaring. Visual cues like this bring drawings to life.
- Some angelfish species form pairs that stay together for life. Illustrating mated pairs models committed relationships.
- Angelfish feed mostly on zooplankton, algae and tiny invertebrates. Drawing angelfish with food in their mouths shows eating habits.
- Baby angelfish are called fry and hide among the reef for safety. Including fry adds a sense of youth and vulnerability.
- Angelfish help support reef ecosystems by eating algae and debris. Their role as natural reef cleaners is educational.
Here’s a BONUS Video of Our How To Draw an Angelfish Easy Drawing Lesson
You can follow along with the video or use the simple drawing steps below the video as a guide!
How To Draw an Angelfish – Quick 6-Step Drawing Tutorial
Step 1: Begin by drawing the lips and the front of the Angelfish.
Step 2: Draw the fish’s upper and lower body, including the lower fin.
Step 3: Add the fan tail of the Angelfish to the drawing.
Step 4: Sketch the upper and lower flowing Angelfish fins.
Step 5: Draw the eyes and small details of the fins and gill cover.
Step 6: The Final step to drawing the Angelfish, Draw the stripes and add some small details to finish the Angelfish.
Well Done! You’ve finished your lesson on How To Draw an Angelfish! Now, use the picture below to help you shade or color your Angelfish drawing. You can make it as life-like as you please! We also show you how to color the angelfish near the end of the video at the start of this post!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing an Angelfish! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw an angelfish is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another sea animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a jellyfish?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Jellyfish