In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Pig in 8 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a Pig. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a final animal drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Pig drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about Pig you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Pigs don’t sweat! This is why they like to roll around in water and mud, to keep themselves cool.
- Pigs dream while they sleep and like to sleep nose to nose with another pig.
- Pigs are smarter than dogs, they’re ranked as the fifth most intelligent animal in the world.
- Mother pigs sing to their babies while nursing – it may sound like a squeal or grunt to us, but it’s singing to the piglets.
- Pigs can be trained to be a house pet, much like a cat. They can adapt well to using a litter box in the house.
How To Draw a Pig – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the pig’s snout.
Step 2: Draw the top of the pig’s head.
Step 3: Now you can draw the top of the back and the first hind leg.
Step 4: Draw the bottom jaw, ear, and the start of the chest.
Step 5: Sketch the chin and add more detail for the pig’s legs.
Step 6: Draw in the other ear, belly and the start of the pigtail.
Step 6: Finish drawing the last two feet and add some dimension to the pig tail.
Step 6: Draw in the final eye and face detail, along with wrapping up the tail!
Well Done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Pig, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your pig look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your pig drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Pig! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a Pig is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another farm animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a COW?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Cow