In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Goat in 9 easy steps. This free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Goat. Simply follow along and draw the red portion of each step in the How To Draw a Goat tutorial.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Before we get started with the goat drawing exercise, here are some fun facts about the Goat you might find interesting.
- There are over three hundred distinct breeds of goat.
- Goats have a four-chambered stomach. Similar to cows, which also have a multi-chambered stomach.
- Their gestation period is approximately 150 days. This is how long a baby goat is growing inside the mother’s womb before it’s born.
- Goats are browsing animals, not grazers and will chew on and taste just about anything resembling plant matter in order to decide whether it is good to eat.
- Goats are extremely curious and also very intelligent.
Step 1: Start by drawing the forehead of the Goat.
Step 2: Add the goat’s nose. We’re taking this goat drawing slowly!
Step 3: Now, draw the ear and add the lower jaw of the goat.
Step 4: Draw the top of the back of the goat.
Step 5: Draw the beginning parts to the legs and the Goat’s chin.
Step 6: Finish drawing 2 of the legs.
Step 7: Add the neck and the lower belly of the goat, and also more of the legs.
Step 8: Finish drawing the 2nd set of legs and the chest.
Step 9: Now, the last step, add the horns, eyes and finish by adding the last ear to complete the drawing of the Goat.
Well Done! Now that you’ve finished your How To Draw a Goat drawing lesson, get creative and see if you can add shading to your drawing so it looks realistic and life-like. Use the picture below as a guide!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a GOAT! Your first try with How To Draw a Goat may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a goat, or any animal, is with plenty of practice.
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a horse?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw an Horse