In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a LadyBug in 6 easy steps. This Free step by step ladybug drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the LadyBug drawing.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a tutorial for drawing a ladybug.
Here are some fun facts about the LadyBug you might find interesting.
- Ladybug beetles are often red or orange above, spotted with black, white, or yellow.
- A brightly colored beetle found in temperate and tropical regions throughout the world.
- Ladybugs feed on other insects which usually destroy crops such as aphids.
- Very few ladybugs are dangerous to humans.
- A Ladybird, as it is also called, is less than 1.2 cm (less than 0.5 inches).
How To Draw A Ladybug
First draw a circle to represent the main body of your Ladybug.
Draw the first 2 legs of the Ladybug.
Draw the second set of legs and the beginning of the Ladybug’s eyes.
Draw the ladybug head, add some body detail and the 3rd set of legs.
Draw on the ladybug’s body spots.
Add the antennae to complete the drawing of the Ladybug.
Well Done! Your completed drawing of the Ladybug Should Look like this:
Here’s an example of how to Shade the drawing of a Ladybug:
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a ladybug! Your first try may not have gone smoothly, but I’m pretty sure after another attempt or two you saw a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw is with practice.
Are you looking for another insect to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw an ant?! Take a look here: How to Draw an Ant