In this bird drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Parrot in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the simple Parrot. Follow along with the drawing guide below by drawing the red portion of each of the six steps, super easy!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Parrot drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about parrots you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Parrots taste with the roof of their mouth.
- There are about 350 known species of parrots, found throughout the world and coming in a variety of colors.
- The largest parrot species weighs upwards of nine pounds, which is about the size of a house cat.
- Parrots are known for their ability to learn and speak human languages.
- Larger parrot species have a life span of 35 to 50 years of age, with the oldest living parrot today at 82 years old.
How To Draw a Parrot – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the beak of the parrot.
Step 2: Draw the parrot’s head next.
Step 3: Now you can draw the entire main body of the parrot and the lower beak.
Step 4: Draw in the wing feathers and the start of the feet.
Step 5: Sketch more of the tail detail and add a line to represent the wing.
Step 6: Finally, draw in the eye and a branch for the parrot to sit on.
Well Done, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Parrot, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your parrot look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your parrot drawing. There are so many beautiful parrot colors, from grey to pink, so get creative!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Parrot! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a Parrot. is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another bird to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a Pelican! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Peacock