In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Humpback Whale in 6 easy steps. This step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a humpback whale. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step of the how to draw a humpback whale tutorial. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a simple and easy whale drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Humpback Whale drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about these whales you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Humpback whales are known for their acrobatic behavior, often breaching and slapping their fins on the water’s surface.
- They are among the largest animals on the planet, with long flippers and distinctive knobby heads.
- Humpback whales are famous for their complex and haunting songs, which can travel long distances through the water.
- These whales are found in oceans around the world and undertake long migrations between feeding and breeding grounds.
- Humpback whales are filter feeders, consuming small fish and plankton by taking in large mouthfuls of water and then pushing it out through baleen plates.
- They are highly social animals and often seen in groups, known as pods, during their migrations.
- Humpback whales are known for their playful behavior, often interacting with boats and other marine animals.
- They have a unique pattern on the underside of their flukes, which can be used to identify individual whales.
- Humpback whales are known for their spectacular leaps out of the water, a behavior known as breaching.
- Humpback whales are fascinating and majestic creatures that have captured the imagination of people around the world, inspiring awe and respect for their intelligence and grace in the ocean.
How To Draw a Humpback Whale – Easy Step by Step Drawing Lesson
Step 1: Begin by drawing the head and mouth of the Humpback.
Step 2: Draw the rest of the whale’s body and tail.
Step 3: Now you can finish the tail and start to add body detail.
Step 4: Draw the knobby skin on the fins and head.
Step 5: Sketch in mouth and eye of the whale.
Step 6: Draw the underside lines near the neck and throat.
Well done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Humpback Whale, consider adding some shading or blue coloring to make your whale drawing look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your humpback whale drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Humpback Whale! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a humpback whale is with practice!
Are you looking for another type of whale to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a Blue Whale?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Blue Whale.