In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Panda Bear in 6 easy steps. This step by step guide progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a Panda!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Panda drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about Panda Bears you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Giant pandas, the black and white variety, are found in thick bamboo forests in the mountains of central China.
- Pandas are omnivores, meaning they eat both vegetables and meat. 99% of their diet is bamboo, however.
- Giant pandas usually live to about 30 years of age in captivity, and slightly less than that in the wild.
- Female pandas give birth to one or two cubs, every two years.
- Most other bear species hibernate each winter; however, panda bears do not hibernate. Instead they leave the mountains and go to lower elevations and warmer temperatures.
How To Draw a Panda Bear – Quick and Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Lesson
Step 1: Begin by drawing the face and eye border of the panda bear.
Step 2: Draw the face and ears next.
Step 3: Now you can draw the top of the back and start one of the arms.
Step 4: Draw the panda’s back and underbelly.
Step 5: Sketch the rest of the front leg and a back leg.
Step 6: Draw in face details and the last two paws of the panda.
Well Done, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Panda Bear, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your Panda look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your Panda – it should be pretty easy, just black and white!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Panda! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a Panda Bear is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another kind of bear to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a black bear or brown bear! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Bear