In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Bobcat in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a bobcat Follow along with the how to draw a bobcat drawing guide below by sketching the red portion of each of the six steps, super easy!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Bobcat drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about bobcats you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Bobcats are small to medium-sized wild cats with distinctive tufted ears and short tails.
- They are excellent climbers and swimmers, able to navigate various types of terrain.
- Bobcats are solitary animals and are most active during dawn and dusk.
- These cats are carnivorous and primarily hunt small mammals like rabbits and squirrels.
- Bobcats have keen eyesight and a strong sense of smell, which helps them locate prey.
- They are found in a variety of habitats, including forests, deserts, and swamps.
- Bobcats are skilled stalkers and use stealth and patience to ambush their prey.
- They communicate using vocalizations such as yowls, growls, and hisses.
- Bobcats are adaptable animals and can live in proximity to human settlements.
- Bobcats are fascinating and elusive creatures that have captured the interest of people around the world, inspiring both awe and respect for their role in the natural world.
How To Draw a Bobcat – Quick and Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the head of the bobcat.
Step 2: Draw the bobcat’s back and tail.
Step 3: Now you can draw the rest of the head and back legs.
Step 4: Draw in the cat’s chest and front leg.
Step 5: Sketch the whiskers and face detail.
Step 6: Finally, draw in the eyes and body detail. Don’t forget the claws.
Nice work, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Bobcat, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your bobcat look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your easy bobcat drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a bobcat! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a bobcat is with practice!
Are you looking for another member of the feline family to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a LION?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Lion