In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Hammerhead Shark in 8 easy steps. This free step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Hammer Head Shark.
This is a simple drawing lesson designed for beginners and kids with easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Before we begin our How To Draw a Hammerhead Shark drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about the Hammerhead Shark you might find interesting.
- Hammerhead Sharks are known for their unusually flat and wide head.
- Hammerheads are found worldwide in warmer waters along ocean coastlines and continental shelves.
- There are nine known hammerhead shark species.
- The positioning of the eyes give the hammerhead shark good binocular vision, as well as 360-degree vision in the vertical plane, meaning they can see above and below them at all times.
- Hammerheads are notably one of the few aquatic animals that acquire a tan from prolonged exposure to sunlight.
How To Draw a Hammerhead Shark – Quick and EASY 8-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the shark’s hammer-like head section.
Step 2: Next, draw in the front part of the shark’s body and neck.
Step 3: Now you can draw in the first of two pectoral fins. It’s a triangular shape.
Step 4: Draw the other front fin, mouth and the dorsal fin.
Step 5: Finish drawing the rest of the shark’s body and the tail.
Step 6: Draw in the two back fins, one on the top of the shark and one on the bottom of the shark.
Step 7: Add a couple more fins to the shark.
Step 8: Draw the Hammerhead Shark eyes and body details to complete this drawing of a Hammerhead Shark.
Well Done, you’ve completed How To Draw a Hammerhead Shark, your finished Hammerhead Shark drawing should look similar to this one:
The last step is to shade your drawing of a hammerhead sharp so it looks realistic and life-like. Use the picture below as an example of how to shade your drawing!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Hammerhead Shark! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a hammerhead shark is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another sea animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a jellyfish?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Jellyfish