How To Draw an Anglerfish in a 6 step by step drawing lesson. This easy to follow drawing guide will walk you through the process of drawing your very own anglerfish! Simply follow along with the six steps below, then at the end you can use the real life picture of an anglerfish to color or shade in your drawing!
Some interesting facts about the Anglerfish you might not have known are:
- Anglerfish have a bioluminescent lure attached to their forehead that glows to attract prey in dark deep ocean waters.
- Their lure is connected to a long illicium or fishing rod-like appendage extending forward from the head.
- Anglerfish have large mouths filled with sharp teeth to capture prey drawn close by the glowing lure.
- Females can grow over 2 feet long while males remain tiny, sometimes permanently fusing to the female’s body as parasites.
- They live in the deep dark waters from coastlines down to ocean abyssal zones over a mile below the surface.
- Vision is poor so anglerfish rely heavily on their lures, olfaction, and ability to detect electromagnetic fields of other animals.
- Their soft gelatinous bodies are bioluminescent too, appearing pink, blue or greenish in the darkness.
- Anglerfish eat small fish, crustaceans, and cephalopods that come near the enticing glow of their lures.
- Their lures, teeth and digestive juices help anglerfish survive in nutrient-poor environments on the seafloor.
- Anglerfish play important ecological roles
Here’s a BONUS Video of Our How To Draw an Anglerfish Easy Drawing Lesson
You can follow along with the video or use the simple drawing steps below the video as a guide!
How To Draw an Anglerfish – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Lesson
Step 1: Begin by sketching the upper portion of the head.
Step 2: Draw the lower jaw and bottom of the fish’s body.
Step 3: Add the front lure and tail fin.
Step 4: Sketch in the eyes and body fins of the anglerfish.
Step 5: Draw in the large, sharp, teeth.
Step 6: The final step in drawing an anglerfish – add the details to the tail fin and body.
Well done! With the How To Draw an Anglerfish drawing lesson complete, now you can color or shade in your fish drawing using the picture below as a reference. Enjoy!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing an Anglerfish! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw an anglerfish is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another sea animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a BLUE WHALE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Blue Whale