In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Camel in 8 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Camel.
Here are some interesting facts about the Camel you might find interesting.
- They are natives to the dry desert areas of West, Central and East Asia.
- They can be domesticated to provide milk and meat and used as beasts of burden.
- The average life expectancy of a camel is 40 to 50 years.
- A fully grown adult Camel stands 1.85 m at the shoulder and 2.15 m at the hump. The hump rises about 76.20 cm out of its body.
- Camels can run at up to 65 km/h in short bursts and sustain speeds of up to 40 km/h.
This is a complete step by step lesson on how to draw a Camel in 8 steps.
How To Draw a Camel – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Tutorial
Step 1: Start by drawing the upper section of the Camel’s head.
Step 2: Sketch the ear by adding it to the head section.
Step 3: Draw the lower jaw area of the head.
Step 4: Sketch the upper section of the neck and hump of the Camel.
Step 5: Draw the lower neck and under belly.
Step 6: Start to add the rear legs and beginning section of the front legs.
Step 7: Draw the front hooves and rear hooves.
Step 8: Finish the legs and add the eye to complete the final step in the How To Draw a Camel lesson.
Well Done! Now that you’ve finished your How To Draw a Camel drawing lesson, get creative and see if you can add shading to your drawing so it looks realistic and life-like. Use the picture below as a guide!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Camel! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a camel is with practice…practice…practice! Just like riding a horse, it takes a little time to perfect the skill!
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a Donkey?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Donkey