In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Raccoon in 8 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a raccoon. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a final and easy animal drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Raccoon drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about the raccoon you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Raccoons are nocturnal animals, meaning they prefer to run around and look for food during the dark, nighttime hours each day.
- Raccoons reproduce one per year and give birth to 3-4 babies at at time.
- Raccoons often carry rabies, after bats, raccoons are the 2nd most likely wild animal to be rabid – so stay away from a raccoon if you see one.
- Raccoons are very smart. They are often thought to be as smart or smarter than domestic cats.
- The black fur under their eyes acts as an anti-glare device to help their night vision. Just like how football players use eye-black to reduce glare while playing American football.
How To Draw a Raccoon – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the raccoon’s ears and top of head.
Step 2: Draw the chin and lower portion of the face.
Step 3: Now you can draw the inside portion of the two front legs.
Step 4: Finish drawing the first front leg and start on the back leg.
Step 5: Sketch the other front leg and back paw
Step 6: Draw the raccoon’s back and rear end.
Step 7: Add detail to the face and draw in the tail.
Step 8: Draw in the final eye and face detail, along with lines to show stripes on the tail.
Well Done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Raccoon, consider adding some shading or coloring to make your critter look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your raccoon drawing – look at that cute face!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Raccoon! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a raccoon is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another forest critter to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a MOOSE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Moose.