In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Jaguar in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a Jaguar. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a final jaguar drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Jaguar drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about the jaguar you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Jaguars are big wild cats that live in the rainforests and grasslands of Central and South America.
- These large cats have spotted fur coats that help them blend into the forest environment when hunting.
- Jaguars are excellent climbers and will climb trees to rest in the shade during the day.
- They are powerful swimmers as well, and aren’t afraid to take a dip in the water to cool down.
- Jaguars hunt at night and use their keen sense of sight and hearing to find prey like deer and monkeys.
- They have very strong jaws that allow them to bite through turtle shells and animal skulls.
- Jaguars live alone and mark their territory with scratches on trees and with their waste.
- Mother jaguars can have up to four cubs at a time and care for them until they are two years old.
- These big cats make a loud roar that can be heard up to two miles away.
- Jaguars are majestic animals that play an important role as predators in the rainforest environments they inhabit.
How To Draw a Jaguar – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the jaguar’s ears and head.
Step 2: Draw the chin, chest and the front paws.
Step 3: Now you can draw the back end of the body and back leg.
Step 4: Draw the other back leg and the tail.
Step 5: Sketch the jaguar’s face and start adding the spots.
Step 6: Draw in the rest of the distinct jaguar spots.
Well Done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Jaguar, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your big cat look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your jaguar drawing!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Jaguar! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a jaguar is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for more BIG WILD CATs to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a Lion?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Lion. You also may enjoy drawing a TIGER!