In this drawing tutorial we’ll show you how to draw an Octopus in 6 easy steps. This free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final drawing of the Octopus. In each step, draw the red lines that we have shown below, then in the following drawing step the red lines from the previous step will be shown in black.
This is a simple to follow lesson is designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are five fun facts about the Octopus you might find educational.
- The octopus is a marine animal classified as a mollusk (soft bodied animals).
- The octopus is characterized by a soft body with a well-developed brain and by eight arms bearing two rows of suckers each. The letters “OCTO” in its name means “eight”, for having 8 arms.
- An octopus spends much of its life in hiding.
- Many species such as common octopus can grow to about 1 meter (about 3 ft) long.
- Octopuses are highly intelligent, probably the most intelligent of all invertebrates (animals without a backbone).
How To Draw an Octopus in 6 EASY Steps!
Step 1: Draw the outline of the octopus’s head
Step 2: Next, draw the additional body of the octopus
Step 3: Now you can draw in the first two tentacles of the octopus
Step 4: Draw the octopus eyes and another tentacle
Step 5: Add two more octopus tentacles and the eye detail
Step 6: Finally, draw more octopus body details and finish the left eye
Well Done! Use the following octopus drawing as an example of how your drawing should look. It won’t be identical, but I bet they’re close!
Shade in your octopus drawing like the following image for a more realistic look!
You did it! Congratulations on drawing an Octopus! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see huge improvements. As it goes for most things, the best way to learn how to draw an octopus is with practice.
Are you looking for another sea animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a shark?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Hammerhead Shark