In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Manatee in 6 easy steps. This step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a manatee. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step of the how to draw a manatee tutorial. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a simple and easy manatee drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Manatee drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about manatees you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Manatees are large marine mammals known for their gentle and slow-moving nature.
- These creatures are often called “sea cows” because they graze on underwater plants.
- Manatees have paddle-like flippers to help them steer through the water and a powerful, flat tail to propel themselves forward.
- Despite their size, manatees can swim gracefully, often doing somersaults and barrel rolls in the water.
- Manatees need to breathe air, so they surface every few minutes to get oxygen.
- These marine mammals have thick, wrinkled skin, which is usually a gray or brown color.
- Manatees have no natural predators and spend most of their time eating, resting, and traveling.
- They have a very large appetite and can eat about 10-15% of their body weight in vegetation each day.
- Manatees are found in warm coastal areas, rivers, and springs, and they cannot survive in cold water.
- Manatees are known for their intelligence and long-term memory, which helps them remember migration routes.
How To Draw a Manatee – Easy Step by Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the head of the manatee.
Step 2: Draw the back and finish the manatee’s flippers.
Step 3: Now you can finish the underside.
Step 4: Draw some of the body detail and add the tail.
Step 5: Sketch in more body detail.
Step 6: Draw the eye to finish up your manatee drawing.
Well done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Manatee, consider adding some shading or coloring to make your gentle giant of the sea drawing look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your easy manatee drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Manatee! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a manatee is with practice!
Are you looking for a another gentle ocean giant to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a WHALE?! Take a look here for one of our quick and easy whale drawing tutorials: How to Draw a Humpback Whale.