In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Donkey in 9 easy steps. This free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Donkey.
Here are some interesting facts about the Donkey you might find interesting.
- They have a pregnancy period of about twelve months.
- Most domestic donkeys range from 0.9 to over 1.4 m tall.
- The best-known call is referred to a “bray,” which can be heard for over three kilometers.
- Donkeys in the wild can defend themselves with a powerful kick of their hind legs as well as by biting and striking with their front feet.
- Donkeys have a notorious reputation for stubbornness.
How to Draw a Donkey – Super Simple, 9-Step, Drawing Lesson
Step 1: Draw a line to represent the top of the head and nose.
Step 2: Finish the head by drawing the lower jaw.
Step 3: Sketch the ears and chest.
Step 4: Draw the upper and lower body sections.
Step 5: Draw the beginning lines for the legs and hooves.
Step 6: Extend the legs into the body.
Step 7: Draw the Donkey’s remaining legs on the far side.
Step 8: Draw the second ear and sketch in the tail.
Step 9: Add the tail details and finish the head sections to complete the Donkey drawing.
Well Done, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Donkey, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your donkey look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your donkey drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Donkey! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a donkey is with practice…practice…practice! Just like riding a horse, it takes a little time to perfect the skill!
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a HORSE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Horse