- The Anteater feeds on ants and termites.
- It draws its food into its mouth by using a long, flexible, rapidly moving tongue covered with sticky saliva.
- It can flick its tongue up to 150 – 160 times or more in a minute.
- A full-grown giant Anteater eats more than 30,000 ants and termites in a day.
- The Anteater has no teeth.
Here’s a BONUS Video of Our How To Draw an Anteater Easy Drawing Lesson
You can follow along with the video or use the simple drawing steps below the video as a guide!
Here are 6 easy steps on how to draw an Anteater.
How To Draw an Anteater – Easy Step by Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Start by drawing the top of the back, from the nose to the tail.
Step 2: Draw the underside of the snout and throat area.
Step 3: Sketch the front portion of the two right legs.
Step 4: Draw the back portion of the two right legs, giving the anteater a furry appearance.
Step 5: Draw the eyes, ears and the last two legs.
Step 6: Add the final details to the body and tail.
Well Done! You’ve completed the How To Draw an Anteater drawing lesson! Now, use the picture below as a guide to coloring or shading in your animal drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing an Anteater Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw an anteater is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a TIGER?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Tiger