In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Pronghorn Antelope in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a pronghorn. Follow along with the how to draw a pronghorn antelope drawing guide below by sketching the red portion of each of the six steps, super easy!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Pronghorn drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about pronghorns you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Pronghorn antelope are the second fastest land animals, reaching speeds of up to 55 miles per hour.
- They have distinct white markings on their face and neck, making them easily recognizable.
- Pronghorn antelope are excellent jumpers, capable of clearing obstacles up to 8 feet high.
- These animals have large, protruding eyes that provide them with excellent vision.
- Pronghorn antelope are herbivores, feeding on grasses, forbs, and shrubs.
- They are known for their long migrations, traveling hundreds of miles in search of food and water.
- Pronghorn antelope have a unique, hollow hair that grows and sheds annually, similar to a sheeps’ wool.
- They are found in open grasslands and deserts across western North America.
- Pronghorn antelope are social animals and live in herds, especially during the winter months.
- Pronghorn antelope are fascinating and iconic animals that have adapted to their environments, captivating the interest of people around the world and inspiring conservation efforts to protect their populations and habitats.
How To Draw a Pronghorn Antelope – Quick and Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the pronghorn’s head.
Step 2: Draw some of the animal’s body.
Step 3: Next, draw the front and back leg of the antelope.
Step 4: Draw in the other two legs and some body detail.
Step 5: Sketch the face detail.
Step 6: Finally, draw in the distinct pronghorn horns.
Nice work, now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Pronghorn, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your pronghorn look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your easy pronghorn antelope drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a pronghorn! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a pronghorn antelope is with practice!
Are you looking for another graceful and speedy animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a Cheetah?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Cheetah