In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Bull in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a bull cattle. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a simple and easy bull drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Bull drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about bull cattle you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Bulls have larger bodies and manes or humps not seen in cows to display strength and dominance.
- Their horns grow throughout life, varying widely in shape and size depending on breed.
- Bulls defend harems of cows from rivals and are only interested in mating when cows are in estrus.
- To establish social hierarchy, bulls engage in ritualized fighting without serious injury using horns to hook and push.
- Their excellent sense of smell helps detect cows in estrus from over a mile away.
- Bulls may be kept alone or in all-male herds when not needed for breeding and are often used for rodeos.
- Some bull breeds known for aggression towards humans are not recommended for small farms.
- Calves stay with their mothers until weaning at around 6-12 months before becoming yearlings.
- Castrated bulls are called steers or oxen and used as work animals or livestock for meat.
- Proper handling and respect of bulls is important for safety of humans and other cattle.
How To Draw a Bull – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Lesson
Step 1: Begin by drawing the bull’s head.
Step 2: Now you can draw the ears, horns and front legs.
Step 3: Draw the bull’s body.
Step 4: Sketch in the tail and 4th leg.
Step 5: Add tail, face and hoof details.
Step 6: Now give your bull a face and some personality.
Well done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Bull, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your bull look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your bull drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Bull! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a bull is with plenty of practice!
Are you looking for another farm animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a HORSE?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Horse.