In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Duck in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Duck.
Here are some interesting facts about the Duck you might find interesting.
- Most ducks exploit a variety of food sources such as grasses, aquatic plants, fish, insects, small amphibians, worms, and small mollusks.
- The ducks are generally monogamous, although these bonds generally last a single year only.
- Despite widespread misconceptions, only the females of most dabbling ducks “quack”.
- The ducks have a cosmopolitan distribution occurring across most of the world except for Antarctica.
- Ducks cannot feel the cold in their feet even when swimming in icy cold water.
How To Draw a Duck – Fun and Easy Drawing Tutorial
Step 1: Begin by drawing the outline of the Duck’s bill.
Step 2: Draw the back of the head and neck.
Step 3: Draw the outline of the Duck’s wing.
Step 4: Draw the lower neck section and add the rear tail feathers.
Step 5: Add the eye and mouth detail, Draw a straight line to represent the water line.
Step 6: Draw the water details to complete this drawing of a Duck.
Nicely done! You’ve finished the How To Draw a Duck drawing lesson! Now, if you want to add color or shading to your drawing, take a look at the picture below and use it as a reference to make your duck drawing more realistic and life-like. The duck below is a Mallard, specifically a drake mallard, meaning its a male.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a DUCK! Your first try may not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a duck is with practice…practice…practice!
Are you looking for another bird to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a HUMMINGBIRD?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Hummingbird