In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Lionfish in 6 easy steps. This step by step drawing lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a lionfish. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step of the how to draw a lionfish tutorial. Then, in just a few minutes you’ll have a simple and easy lionfish drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Lionfish drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about lionfish you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Lionfish are known for their striking stripes and long, showy pectoral fins that resemble a lion’s mane.
- These fish have venomous spines that can deliver a painful sting to predators and unwary humans.
- Lionfish are carnivorous and eat a variety of small fish and invertebrates.
- Native to the Indo-Pacific region, lionfish have become an invasive species in the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea.
- Lionfish are not fast swimmers; they often rely on their camouflage to ambush prey.
- These fish can survive in a wide range of marine habitats, from coral reefs to mangroves.
- Lionfish have few natural predators outside of their native habitat due to their venomous spines.
- They can puff up their bodies to appear larger and more intimidating when threatened.
- Lionfish are popular in the aquarium trade because of their unique appearance.
- Efforts to control the lionfish population include encouraging divers to hunt them in areas where they are invasive.
How To Draw a Lionfish – Easy Step by Step Drawing Guide
Step 1: Begin by drawing the lionfish’s mouth.
Step 2: Begin drawing the elaborate fins of the lionfish.
Step 3: Continue drawing the fins.
Step 4: Finish up the fins in this step.
Step 5: Sketch in the tail and body detail.
Step 6: Draw the eye and give your lionfish plenty of personality.
Well done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Lionfish, consider adding some shading or coloring to make your venomous fish drawing look realistic! Use the picture below as a guide to shade or color your easy lionfish drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a lionfish! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a lionfish is with practice!
Are you looking for another unusual fish to the lionfish to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a NEEDLEFISH?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Needlefish.