In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Beaver in 8 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Beaver.
Here are some fun facts about the Beaver you might find interesting.
- Beavers have webbed hind feet and a large, scaly tail used for swimming and slapping the water as an alarm signal.
- They use their teeth to fell trees and chop branches, which grow continuously throughout their lives.
- Beavers build dams across streams and rivers with branches, mud and stones. They also construct lodges inside ponds made by dams.
- A beaver’s lodge has underwater entrance and air pockets within for shelter and raising young.
- Beavers are herbivores that feed on tree bark, leaves, twigs and aquatic plants near their homes.
- They work as a family unit with one alpha male, female and their offspring from recent years.
- Beavers are found throughout Canada and northern parts of the United States near water sources.
- Their fur was historically hunted for the felt and oil industries before conservation efforts were established.
- Dams built by beavers provide habitats for many other species of animals and plants.
- Beavers play an important ecological role by modifying wetland areas through their dam-building activities.
Here’s a BONUS Video of Our How To Draw a Beaver Easy Drawing Lesson
You can follow along with the video or use the simple drawing steps below the video as a guide!
How To Draw a Beaver – Easy 8-Step Drawing Tutorial
Step 1: Begin by drawing the top portion of the Beaver’s head with a small curve.
Step 2: Round out the head by adding the lower jaw.
Step 3: Draw the bottom of the beaver’s jaw and head.
Step 4: Draw the upper portion of the body.
Step 5: Draw the lower underbelly and finish the paws.
Step 6: Sketch the remaining legs, paws, and teeth.
Step 7: Start to draw the ears, eyes, nose and rear leg details.
Step 8: Add the final details and tail.
Well done! You’ve drawn a BEAVER! Now that you’ve finished the How To Draw a Beaver lesson, you can use the picture below to help color in your drawing or use the edge of your pencil for shading in the beaver drawing.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a BEAVER! Your first try with How To Draw a Beaver may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a beaver, or any animal, is with plenty of practice.
Are you looking for another animal to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw a horse?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw a Horse