In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Moray Eel in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of a moral eel. Simply follow along with each step, drawing the portion shown in red for each step. Then, in just a few moments you’ll have a simple and easy eel drawing!
Before we begin the How To Draw a Moray Eel drawing lesson, here are some fun facts about moray eels you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- Moray eels are long, serpent-like fish with scaleless bodies and sharp teeth.
- They are found in oceans around the world and often inhabit coral reefs and rocky crevices.
- Moray eels have poor eyesight but rely on their keen sense of smell to locate prey.
- These eels have a second set of jaws called pharyngeal jaws that help them pull prey into their throats.
- Moray eels are carnivorous and feed on fish, crustaceans, and other marine creatures.
- They are known for their ability to open and close their mouths to breathe without swimming.
- Moray eels have a mucus layer on their skin that protects them from parasites and helps them move through tight spaces.
- They are secretive and solitary creatures, often hiding in caves and crevices during the day.
- Moray eels are not aggressive toward humans but may bite if provoked or threatened.
- Moray eels are fascinating and enigmatic creatures that play a vital role in marine ecosystems, captivating the interest of young marine enthusiasts and inspiring curiosity about the underwater world.
How To Draw a Moray Eel – Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Lesson
Step 1: Begin by drawing the eel’s underside.
Step 2: Draw more of the body and the eel’s head.
Step 3: Now you can start drawing body details.
Step 4: Draw some more detail on the body.
Step 5: Sketch in the teeth and some spots on the tail.
Step 6: Draw more spots and add the eyes.
Well done! Now that you’ve completed How To Draw a Moray Eel, considering adding some shading or coloring to make your slithery friend look realistic! Use the pictures below as a guide to shade or color your moral eel drawing, there are may color variations of these beautiful animals.
You did it! Congratulations on drawing a Moray Eel! Your first try may not have gone as smoothly as you had hoped, but I’m sure after another attempt or two you will see a big improvement. The best way to learn how to draw a moray eel is with plenty of practice!
Are you looking for another type of eel to draw? How about learning how to quickly and easily draw an Electric Eel?! Take a look here for another quick and easy drawing tutorial: How to Draw an Electric Eel.